Recipe by CoffeeMom
Pork chops marinated in a maple syrup sauce. Delicious. Prep time does not include time for marinating.
Top Review by Kelly M.
This recipe is very simple and quick to make...great for after work. It didnt quite suit my taste though. I found it to be way to "lime-y", and really wasnt sure if I liked the lime and maple together. I do like both of these ingredients, but I didnt like the mix very much, but that is subjective to my taste. Sorry, but this one's just not for me.
- 4 pork chops (I use lean, boneless pork chops)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup (use real maple syrup only)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 limes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, maple syrup, garlic, thyme, and juice and grated peel from limes; add pork chops.
- Marinate pork chops for 1 hour or more in fridge.
- Drain pork chops, reserving marinade.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides.
- Reduce heat; cover and continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Add marinade and cook 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.