Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I like making thss recipe in the fall. The kitchen has the aroma of maple syrup. This is good with egg noodles or some baked sweet potato.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 pork chops
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large skillet, brown pork chops. Place pork chops in 9x13 inch pan.
- In medium saucepan on low heat, combine onion, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, chili powder, pepper, maple syrup and water. Simmer 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture over pork chops.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes basting occasionally. Then uncover for 15 minutes more.
- Remove pork chop, then thicken gravy with flour.
Oh my! This was soooo good! I too did it on the stovetop, removing the porkchops to thicken the sauce and I used a little more maple syrup. I will definitely make this again!
sorry, this did not go well in my house. We couldn't taste the maple syrup at all and there was not enough sauce for all the pork chops. Maybe try doubling the sauce and the maple syrup.
hubby wsnt too fond of the taste and it was slightly bland