Recipe by FLKeysJen
A winner in the Robert Mondavi "Art of the Skewer" contest, created by Lisa Keys. Cook time is marinating time, and doesn't include time to soak skewers.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Followed your recipe right on down & had an outstanding pork & couscous dinner! Used a LARGE sweet onion & loved every bite of it! This is definitely a recipe that is worth making for special company! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 4 boneless center cut pork chops, cut 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup real maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup Chardonnay wine, plus one cup for soaking skewers if needed
- 2 peaches, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 sweet onion, cut into bite-size pieces
- hot cooked couscous (optional)
- fresh herb, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in one cup of chardonnay for 30 minutes prior to use.
- Rub pork all over with garlic-pepper seasoning.
- Cut chops into bite-size pieces and place in a glass utility dish.
- Blend maple syrup and Chardonnay. Pour over pork and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Drain marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil; cook one minute.
- Alternate pork with pieces of peach and onions on skewers.
- Grill over moderate for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with marinade.
- Serve over couscous, garnished with fresh herbs, if desired.