Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy 20 minute meal!
- 4 pork chops, 1/2 ' thick
- 29.58 ml butter
- 12 baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 apple, sliced and seeds removed
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. In skillet melt butter over medium heat; add chops. Brown for 2 minutes, turning once. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add carrots, apple, and maple syrup. Cover; simmer for 8 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer chops, carrots, and apples to platter; bring syrup mixture to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chops.
Very quick and simple recipe. We really enjoyed it. Made in memory of Pammyowl.
Fantastic and easy to make!! I used Iowa Chops for this recipe and they are about 1 inch thick. I browned them on each side for 5 minutes then added the other ingredients and continued cooking 15 more minutes. I also doubled the carrots and apple and very glad I did. I really think you could use 1 pound of baby carrots and 3 apples. You can bet your bottom dollar that I will be making this again! Made for Everyday Is a Holiday
I scaled back for 3 serves but used a whole apple and cooked up as per recipe except for one little :oops: that as I was serving up I realized I had not put the maple syrup (wugar free for dietary reasons) into the pan so just drizzled over the carrots, apple and pork chop and we thoroughly enjoyed, thank you pammyowl for a lovely easy quick recipe , made for Newest ZAAR tag game.