Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Sautee Cedar Company (producer of Cedar, Maple and Alderwood grilling planks). You will need 1 15-inch maple plank that has been soaked in water for at least one hour. (Soaking time is not included in the recipe.)
- Combine first five ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and rub with the spice mixture.
- Heat grill to 350 to 400 degrees.
- Place soaked plank on hot grill and close lid.
- Flip plank over after 3 minutes and continue to heat for 3 more.
- When light smoke develops place salmon fillets on hot plank, close lid, and cook for 10-15 minutes or until medium rare (or desired doneness).
- Drizzle fish with maple syrup and serve.
- Remember salmon will continue to cook after removing the plank from the grill.
Thank you VFP for posting a salmon recipe that my husband loved. I made this as written, though I toned down both chili powders a bit to appease my husband's sensitivities. Also, I misread the instructions and mixed the salt into the rub...no problem, it was delicious. The spicy flavor from the rub, combined with the maple syrup is sublime...this was the first time I used a cedar plank for salmon and I'm going to make it this way again...terrific recipe, Thanks Bea!