1/1 Photo of Maple-Pesto Salmon Salad With Raisins and Pine Nuts
1 hr 20 mins
What a wonderful all in one meal!!! I am not fond of salmon, and I have to tell you that I ate this one up!!! Found recipe on California Raisin's website and it won Honorable Mention in one of their contests; recipe by Shannon Kohn. Prep time is marinade time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons prepared basil pesto
- 13 thin asparagus spears, blanched (may lightly steam)
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and coarsely chopped
Marinade and fish
- 1For the salad: Whisk vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup and pesto together in bottom of a large mixing bowl.
- 2Cut asparagus spears into 1-inch pieces and add to bowl with raisins, hearts of palm and basil. Toss to coat and combine. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- 3For the fish: Mix together marinade of pesto, syrup, and vinegar. Place fish in a plastic bag and pour marinade over top. Allow to marinate at least 30 minutes (I did 3 hours). Quickly grill or broil salmon, 5 minutes on each side, or until done to your liking.
- 4Place one lettuce leaf on each of 4 individual salad plates. Divide chilled salad and spoon on top.
- 5When fish is cooked, place 1 piece of salmon on top of each salad. Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.
- 6**NOTE: this is even better served with extra vinaigrette on the side for dipping!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple-Pesto Salmon Salad With Raisins and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (640 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.1
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 415.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 32.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar