24 hrs 50 mins
Worth the work & great for that special dinner. Takes a bit more "babysitting" than throwing it in the oven & forgetting about it, though! recipe is from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs boneless pork loin
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/8 cup real maple syrup (the real thing)
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Place pork in large zip lock bag.
- 2Combine lemon first lemon juice, olive oil, syrup, shallots, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, lemon zest, & pepper. Seal bag & marinate, refrigerated, over night or up to 24 hours.
- 3Prepare Glaze & refrigerate.
- 4Bring roast to room temperature when ready to use.
- 5To roast pork: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Remove from bag & discard marinade.
- 6Place meat on roasting rack over roasting pan, sprinkle with 1/2 t each of salt & pepper, place in preheated oven and roast 10 minutes. Baste with glaze & roast additional 5 minutes.
- 7Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees, roasting 10 minutes, basting once.
- 8Continue cooking, basting every 10 minutes, until meat reaches internal temp of 155 degrees (about 20 more minutes).
- 9At this point, the pork should be cooked to medium well & will have a hint of pink.
- 10Remove roast from oven & let it rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- 11This will bring the temperature up about 10 degrees. (Recheck, if you want to make sure that it has reached 160 degrees.).
- 12Slice into 32 thin slices to make 16 servings & place on serving tray.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Pepper Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.6
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 93.1 mg
- Sodium 155.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: