Recipe by ellie3763
from NY Times' "Recipes for Health" - http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/25/health/nutrition/25recipehealth.html?ref=nutrition
- 3 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Oil a baking dish large enough to accommodate the sweet potatoes in a single layer.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, then into wedges if they’re fat. Combine the maple syrup, lime juice and water, and toss with the sweet potatoes in the baking dish until they are thoroughly coated.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil, and bake 45 minutes until tender.
- Turn up the heat to 425 degrees.
- Uncover the dish, baste the sweet potatoes with the syrup in the baking dish and sprinkle on the pecans. Continue to bake uncovered until the sweet potatoes are thoroughly tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve, or allow to cool slightly before serving.