- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cozy cottage sugar-free syrup
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- In large bowl combine flour, pecans, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Combine milk, 1/3 cup Cozy Cottage® Sugar Free Syrup, and applesauce and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix lightly with a fork until mixture clings together and forms a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead gently 5-6 times.
- Divide dough in half.
- With lightly floured rolling pin, roll one half of the dough into a 7" round.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Repeat with the remaining half.
- Place scones on greased baking sheet.
- Pierce tops with tines of fork.
- Brush tops with remaining syrup.
- Bake scones 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of Splenda®, if desired.
- Serve warm with butter or your favorite spread.