Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
These scones are easy, delicious and have a great maple flavor.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons maple extract
- 1 egg, beaten to blend with 1 teaspoon water (for glaze)
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl.
- Using fingertips, rub in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Whisk cream, egg yolks, and maple extract in medium bowl to blend.
- Pour over flour mixture; stir until moist clumps form.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface and knead gently until smooth, about 4 turns.
- Pat dough out to 1/2-inch-thick round.
- Using 2-inch-diameter fluted cutter, cut out scones.
- Gather scraps.
- Pat out dough and cut out additional scones.
- Transfer scones to prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with egg glaze.
- Bake until scones are browned and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 16 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.