Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A hint of maple in the filling, a drizzling over the pecans and a touch in the whipped cream makes traditional pumpkin pie extra ordinary. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
- 1 single crust pie pastry
- 16 ounces pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup or 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- heat oven to 375*F.
- line a 9" pie pan with pastry, crimp or flute crust, set aside.
- in a large bowl stir together pumpkin, sugar and eggs. add remaining ingredients except (pecans, 2 tablespoon maple syrup, 1/2 cup whipping cream and 1 tablespoon maple syrup).
- pour into prepared pie shell. cover edge of crust with 2" strip of aluminum foil. bake for 40 minutes.
- remove aluminum foil, bake for 15 to 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- arrange pecan halves on top of pie; drizzle or brush 2 tablespoons of maple syrup over pecans.
- in chilled small mixer bowl, beat chilled whipped cream at high speed, scraping bowl often until soft peaks form.
- gradually add 1 tablesppon maple syrup, continue beating until stiff peaks form (1 to 2 min).
- serve pie with whipped cream.
Made for holiday tag. I made this for Thanksgiving and oh my its gorgeous.Pumpkin/pecan pie? Does it get any better??