1 hr 8 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 inch graham cracker crust
- 44.37 ml Amaretto
- 14.79 ml water
- 7.08 g envelope unflavored gelatin
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 118.29 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 59.14 ml pure maple syrup
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml cold whipping cream
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- pecan halves
- whipped cream
- 1Refrigerate pie crust until ready to use.
- 2In a bowl, combine the amaretto and water; sprinkle the gelatin over the liquid and set aside to soften.
- 3In a saucepan, combine the milk, egg yolks, brown sugar, maple syrup, pumpkin, spices, and salt.
- 4Place over medium to med-low heat and cook, whisking virtually nonstop, until the mixture thickens somewhat (the change will be subtle) about 8 minutes; do not let the mixture boil.
- 5Remove from the heat and immediately add the gelatin mixture, stirring well to blend.
- 6Place the bowl in a larger bowl of ice water and let the filling cool, stirring frequently, until cool to the touch (you may want to add more ice when the first cubes melt.
- 7Meanwhile, using a chilled bowl and chilled beaters, beat the whipping cream using an electric mixer until stiff but not grainy; cover and refrigerate; wash and dry the beaters.
- 8In a bowl, beat the egg whites using a mixer until they hold soft peaks; add the sugar and continue to beat until stiff and glossy but not dry.
- 9Add the whites and about 1/3 of the whipped cream to the chilling.
- 10Fold gently until evenly combined.
- 11Add the remaining whipped cream and fold again until evenly mixed.
- 12Fold in the chopped pecans; scrape the filling into the chilled pie crust, smoothing the top with a spoon.
- 13Cover with loosely tented foil and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 14To serve: garnish pie with pecan halves and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple-Pecan-Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.8
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 148.7 mg
- Sodium 375.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 35.1 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: