1/2 Photos of Maple Pecan Pie
1 hr 30 mins
Pie Queen's Note:
This delicious sweet pie always comes out perfect and is very easy to make. Use a baking /pizza stone to place the pie dish on whilst baking to prevent the crust becoming soggy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- 2Rub the fats into it until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- 3Add just enough cold water to mix to a dough that leaves the bowl clean. Leave the pastry to rest in a polythene bag in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- 4Turn the oven to 400°F.
- 5Whilst the oven is heating up toast the pecans for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 6Roll the pastry out and place in a pie dish that has been dusted with cornflour.
- 7Blind bake for 10 minutes.
- 8Melt the butter and mix together with the maple syrup, sugar, eggs and vanilla essence.
- 9Fold in the pecans, you can chop them in half if desired.
- 10Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 1 hour at 275°F.
- 11The pie is ready if it does not wobble at the outer edges when you twist the dish.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 757.2
- Calories from Fat 435
- Total Fat 48.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 132.6 mg
- Sodium 210.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 37.6 g
- Protein 8.9 g