Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I very delicious salad with the sweetness of maple. I included how to make maple pecans, but I normally cheat and buy the maple praline pecans at my grocery most of the time. Just easier and quicker to put together.
- 6 cups mixed salad greens (including baby spinach)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup aged white cheddar cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon maple sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves
Maple Dijon Salad Dressing
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange washed salad greens on serving platter . Top with onion and pear slices. Crumble cheddar cheese over salad and sprinkle with nuts over top. Drizzle with salad dressing.
- To make Pecans: Melt butter in frying pan and add pepper and maple sugar. Toss pecans in butter mixture until coated well. Spread nuts out evenly on flat baking sheet and roast at 350F for 15 minutes, or until lightly toasted, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- To make Maple Dijon Dressing: Combine all ingredients. SHAKE WELL. Store in refrigerator , shake before serving.