Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Super flavorful whole grain muffin sweetened with maple syrup and chock full of pecans. The first time I made these my husband kept saying, "Do NOT lose this recipe! This is great!" I don't remember where I originally saw it, but I'm posting it here for safekeeping at his request.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (except pecans) in large mixing bowl.
- Beat together egg, maple syrup, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Stir into dry mixture just until moistened. Stir in pecans.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar lightly on top of muffins before baking.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 12 muffins.