Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
Super flavorful whole grain muffin sweetened with maple syrup and chock full of pecans. The first time I made these my husband kept saying, "Do NOT lose this recipe! This is great!" I don't remember where I originally saw it, but I'm posting it here for safekeeping at his request.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur's brand)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup real maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (except pecans) in large mixing bowl.
- Beat together egg, maple syrup, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Stir into dry mixture just until moistened. Stir in pecans.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar lightly on top of muffins before baking.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 12 muffins.
These are delicious! They have a great taste and texture, and they're easy to make. I made them for my girlfriend and she said, "Best muffins ever!" I have to agree. I was really happy to find a recipe for muffins using white whole wheat flour. If you have other recipes using it, please post. Thanks!
These are delicious! I made a few small changes just because of what I had onhand. I used regular all purpose flour and made these into mini-muffins to add to my cookie plate for my daughter's teachers and office staff. The maple flavor is perfect! I also added some finely chopped pecans to the topping. I will be making a second batch shortly because this first one is almost gone! I'm also going to bake some of the dough without the pecans just so I have a handful of nut free. I'm sure they'll be just as delicious!
not very good. The cinnamon sugar top was good but the muffin itself was just ok. I did substitute sugar free syrup though.