Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
Love maple syrup. It is used to sweeten the cupcakes
Make and share this Maple-Pecan Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Insert cupcake liners into cupcake pans.
- In a bowl, sift flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed.
- Add maple syrup to butter and continue beating until mixture is light and airy.
- Decrease speed to low, add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and milk; mix until well incorporated into smooth batter.
- Mix in chopped pecans by hand.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cupcakes are springy to the touch and a pick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Prepare frosting: in a bowl, whip cream with 3 tablespoons maple syrup until firm frosting is achieved.
- Fold chopped pecans into frosting.
- Place dollop of maple frosting on each cupcake, adding a teaspoon of maple syrup on top of the frosting.