Recipe by Courtly
A recipe from Pillsbury Bake-off 1992. Tasty, easy recipe that uses refrigerated crecent roll dough. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375. Lightly grease 1 large or 2 small cookie sheets. In small bowl, combine pecans, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Seperate dough into 8 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Brush each rectangle with butter. Sprinkle 1 T. sugar mixture evenly over each rectangle, pressing in lightly. Starting at longer side, roll up each rectangle, pinching edges to seal. With sharp knife, cut 1 roll in half lengthwise, forming 2 strips. With cut side up, carefully overlap strips 2 times to form twist. Press ends together to seal. Place on greased cookie sheet. Repeat with reamining dough.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar nut mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. In small bowl, blend all glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm rolls. Serve warm.