Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love cornbread; posting for future use.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl combine butter, sugar and eggs; mix well.
- Add maple syrup and buttermilk.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into greased 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan and serve with maple syrup if desired.
Yumm! Maple and pecans add a whole new tasty dimension to your everyday cornbread. Made as written and served with maple flavored butter. Will make this delicious recipe again. Thanks so much for the post.
Delicious! Lovely flavor. I made into muffins and we enjoyed with grilled pork tenderloin. I did substitute plain non-fat yogurt for the buttermilk. Made for PRMR.