- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl combine butter, sugar and eggs; mix well.
- Add maple syrup and buttermilk.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into greased 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan and serve with maple syrup if desired.