Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe by Nancy Silverton
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans, pieces
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat butter with paddle until it whitens and holds soft peaks, 3-5 minutes.
- Beat in sugar until well blended.
- Whisk together yolks and maple syrup.
- Beat into butter, scraping down as necessary.
- Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Stir in pecans.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces and roll into 4 logs, each about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Dough should be frozen for 30 minutes so that it can be easily cut or you can freeze, wrapped well for later use.
- Slice into 3/8-inch rounds.
- Bake on a parchment lined sheetpan until firm and lightly and evenly browned, about 12-15 minutes.
- The cookies must be cooked through to be tender.
Dry and not as flavorful as you would expect from maple and pecans. Prep time exceeds what is listed.
One word... Awesome, I added a drop of Maple extract and I made a Maple Glaze and drizzed it over them. They are to die for. Thanks again Mean Chef for another great keeper!!!