Recipe by AustinMama
From the out of print book, From Vegetables With Love by Siri Ved Kaur Khalsa. YUM.
- 2 cups sweet butter or 2 cups ghee
- 1⁄2 cup maple sugar or 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups maple syrup
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter, maple sugar and syrup in mixing bowl.
- Combine flours, salt, baking soda and arrowroot powder in separate bowl.
- Sift into butter maple mixture.
- Mix until thoroughly moistened.
- Add nuts.
- Form into little flat patties (small ice cream scoop works well).
- Flatten inches apart.
- Sprinkle with a little more sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, until a delicate light brown.