Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This pie brings me back to childhood when grandma would make a variety of pies and set them out during the holidays for us to sample. Pecan pie was alway one of my favorites
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 9 inch pie shell or 8 4 inch prepared tart shells
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, flour salt and maple syrup.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Combine well then pour the mixture into the pie shell Bake at 400 for 5 minutes then reduce heat to 375F and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the mixture is firm and a skewer inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean.
- Serve plain or with whipped cream flavored with vanilla.