Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
FOR THE CRUST
- 2 cups gingersnaps, Finely ground
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING
- 2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 cup pecans, toasted lightly and chopped fine
- In a bowl stir together the gingersnap crumbs and the butter until the mixture is combined well and press the mixture onto th e bottom and halfway up the side of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Make the filling In a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese and the brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy and beat in the maple syrup.
- Add the egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and beat in the sour cream, the salt, the vanilla, the maple extract, and the pecans.
- In a bowl with the electric mixer, beaters cleaned, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they just hold stiff peaks, whisk about one fourth of them onto the cream cheese mixture, and fold in the remaining whites gently but thoroughly.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and bake the cheesecake in the middle of a preheated 350 F. oven for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven, let the cheesecake cool completely in the oven with the door ajar, and chill it, covered, overnight.