Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is simply a FABULOUS cheesecake. I know you'll love it.
- 2⁄3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 16 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups maple syrup
- 3 large egg whites, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- Combine first 4 ingredients in bowl, toss with fork. Press crumb mix into bottom of 8" spring form pan that has been sprayed.
- Bake at 400ºF for 8 minutes. Let cool on wire rack.
- Combine cheeses, cornstarch and salt and beat on high until smooth.
- Gradually add syrup, then fold in beaten egg whites until blended.
- Turn oven to 525ºF.
- Pour in half mix and sprinkle with pecans.
- Top with remaining mix and bake for 7 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 200ºF and bake 45 minutes or until almost set.
- Remove and cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.