1 hr 20 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This comes from an April 1986 issue of Bon Appetit. The recipe was featured in a section called "A New Look at Coffee Cakes".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 pinch ground mace
- 1 3/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup dried currant
- whipped cream (optional garnish)
- 1Generously butter 10-inch diameter cake pan with high sides (or 7 1/2 x 11 1/2-inch ovenproof glass baking dish).
- 2Heat syrup,1/4 cup butter,brown sugar and mace in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar disolves;bring to boil.
- 3Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with pecans.
- 4Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- 5Sift flour,baking soda and salt into bowl.
- 6Using electric mixer, cream 1/2 cup butter in another bowl.
- 7Add 3/4 cup sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- 8Beat in eggs, one at a time, then beat 2 minutes;blend in vanilla and lemon peel.
- 9Stir in flour mixture and yogurt alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture; fold in currants.
- 10Spoon batter atop pecan mixture, spreading gently to sides of pan.
- 11Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- 12Immediately invert cake onto rack set over sheet of waxed paper.
- 13Serve warm; top with whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Pecan Cake
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.0
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 82.0 mg
- Sodium 174.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 44.0 g
- Protein 7.6 g