Recipe by Seasoned Cook
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!! The flavor of maple syrup and pecans can not be beat!! These fluffy, flavorful pancakes will please your family or guests! Quick and easy preparation!
Top Review by LonghornMama
Yum! My son requested pecan pancakes with pecan syrup for breakfast, so I made these and topped with recipe #444732 for a delicious and decadent treat. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup pecans (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use two medium size bowls for mixing dry and wet ingredients separately.
- In one bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar and chopped pecans. In other bowl mix beaten egg, buttermilk, melted butter and maple syrup.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients just until moist, leaving any lumps.
- Heat griddle or frying pan to a low-medium heat. Add small amount of vegetable oil and pour 1/4 cup of batter (approximately 3 or 4 tablespoons) for each pancake.
- Cook first side of pancakes until bubbles appear on top (about 2 minutes) and carefully turn with a spatula and allow second side to cook 2 minutes. Remove to a platter and continue until all batter is used.
- Sprinkle with additional 1/4 cup of pecans and top with maple syrup.