Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use on sweet potatoes, roasted pumpkin or roasted winter squash. Can keep refrigerated for 1 week or frozen for up to 2 months. Slice off pieces as you need it. Perfect to make ahead to make your autumn cooking easier! From Fine Cooking. nt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Sauté shallots in one tablespoon of the butter until caramelized and almost crisp, and allow to cool.
- Fold all ingredients together and chill.
- When almost firm, place flavored butter onto wax paper and roll into a log.
- Seal in plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze until needed (can cut off portions of the roll and keep the rest frozen).
- Let butter soften before using for best flavor.
This compound butter is so easy-to-fix, very good & perfect for us as my DH is not esp fond of very sweet condiments. I used Steeves Canadian maple syrup that gave it a mellow maple sweetness, but allowed the savoury flavours to shine as well. I tasted it for this review, now have it in my freezer to use on sweet potatoes when we return from the U.S. next mo & I look forward to it. Thx for sharing your recipe w/us.