Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
With autum comes brilliant colors, a crispness to the air, and memorable gatherings of family and friends. Embrace the spirit of the season and delight your family and guests with this anything but ordinary fruit crisp. The secret to this fast and simple dessert is a 'Maple Pecan Crunch' breakfast cereal (sold in big and small grocery stores and food markets). The flavorful combination of maple syrup with the crunchy textrue of pecan is sure to make this apple crisp recipe an inviting addition to your cookbook collection.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large granny smith apples, cored, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup dark plump raisins
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- salt, pinch
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold
- 2 1/2 cups Post Selects maple pecan crunch cereal
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, toss the apples and raisins with 3 tablesppons of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and salt. Spoon into a buttered 9-inch pie plate.
- 3In another mixing bowl, combine the remaining brown sugar and spices, and the flour; give a couple good stirs with a wooden spoon.
- 4Cut in the butter with two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in cereal. Sprinkle over the apple mixture.
- 5Bake for 30 minutes or until topping starts to brown and apples are tender.
- 6Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 7Cook's Tip: For a special treat, sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on top of the crumble topping the last 10 minutes of baking. Yummm!
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Pecan Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.5
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 27.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Post Selects maple pecan crunch cereal