1/1 Photo of Maple Pecan Almond Raisin Pancakes
Emma Pham's Note:
It is idea for Hurricane Sandy breakfast
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour (Use roasted almond and blend well to make almond flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (mix 3/4 cup of milk and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and let sit a few minutes to make buttermilk)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dried raisins
- butter (for cooking) or oil, as needed (for cooking)
- 11. Sift flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- 22. In a medium bowl, whisk one egg. Whisk in the maple syrup, buttermilk, canola oil and vanilla. Quickly whisk in the flour mix. Fold in the pecans and the raisins. Do not overwork the batter. Let sit for about 10 minutes until batter firms.
- 33. Heat griddle or a large skillet, either nonstick or seasoned cast iron, over medium-high heat. Brush with butter or oil. Measure one half cup of batter and pour into hot pan and let cook until bubbles appear. Flip pancake and cook until brown.
- 4Serve stack of pancakes with pecans, raspberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- 5Makes five pancakes. Delicious!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Pecan Almond Raisin Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.9
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.6 mg
- Sodium 710.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: