It is idea for Hurricane Sandy breakfast
Make and share this Maple Pecan Almond Raisin Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour (Use roasted almond and blend well to make almond flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk (mix 3/4 cup of milk and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and let sit a few minutes to make buttermilk)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup dried raisins
- butter (for cooking) or oil, as needed (for cooking)
- 1. Sift flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk one egg. Whisk in the maple syrup, buttermilk, canola oil and vanilla. Quickly whisk in the flour mix. Fold in the pecans and the raisins. Do not overwork the batter. Let sit for about 10 minutes until batter firms.
- 3. Heat griddle or a large skillet, either nonstick or seasoned cast iron, over medium-high heat. Brush with butter or oil. Measure one half cup of batter and pour into hot pan and let cook until bubbles appear. Flip pancake and cook until brown.
- Serve stack of pancakes with pecans, raspberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Makes five pancakes. Delicious!
I gave this recipe a try this last weekend and was delighted by the outcome. The pancakes were light and fluffy and the pecans gave the dish a delightful twist. Highly recommended.