Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Make a dessert fit for a dinner party in ten minutes or make it full of fibre or for breakfast: Add whole stoned prunes and dried apricots along with the dried cranberries. To make it for breakfast, cool the pears in the fridge overnight, then serve with muesli or crunchy oat cereal and spoonfuls of yogurt.
- 4 pears
- 2 ounces dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- 2 ounces pecan nuts, broken roughly
- Greek yogurt, to serve
- Peel and halve the pears and scoop out the core with a teaspoon. Lay the halves in a shallow microwaveable dish, cut side down, along with the cranberries.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the maple syrup over and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on High for 3 mins until softened, stirring halfway through. Uncover and leave to cool for a few minutes Stir the pecan nuts through the syrup.
- Spoon into serving dishes, drizzle extra maple syrup, if you like, and serve with yogurt.