Cook1 hr 15 mins
An even richer version of this luscious treat! This smells unbelievable baking in the oven. Prep times does not include standing or cooling time.
- 2 medium firm ripe pears, pared, cored, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated large
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sliced blanched almond, lightly toasted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Toss pears, syrup, and lemon zest together in medium bowl. Let stand, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter wide round 1-1/2-quart baking dish.
- Place milk, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, flour, sugar, and salt in blender or food processor and process just until blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour enough batter into prepared baking dish to measure 1/4 inch. Bake until slightly firm, 12-15 minutes.
- Remove pear slices from syrup with slotted spoon; reserve syrup. Arrange slices closely together on baked batter and sprinkle with almonds. Cover with remaining batter. Spoon reserved syrup evenly over top.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center of pancake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let pancake cool on wire rack 30 minutes. Serve warm, with cream.