1/1 Photo of Maple Pear Deep-Dish Pancake
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
An even richer version of this luscious treat! This smells unbelievable baking in the oven. Prep times does not include standing or cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium firm ripe pears, pared, cored, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated large
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sliced blanched almond, lightly toasted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1Toss pears, syrup, and lemon zest together in medium bowl. Let stand, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes.
- 2Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter wide round 1-1/2-quart baking dish.
- 3Place milk, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, flour, sugar, and salt in blender or food processor and process just until blended, about 1 minute.
- 4Pour enough batter into prepared baking dish to measure 1/4 inch. Bake until slightly firm, 12-15 minutes.
- 5Remove pear slices from syrup with slotted spoon; reserve syrup. Arrange slices closely together on baked batter and sprinkle with almonds. Cover with remaining batter. Spoon reserved syrup evenly over top.
- 6Bake until wooden pick inserted in center of pancake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let pancake cool on wire rack 30 minutes. Serve warm, with cream.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Pear Deep-Dish Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.4
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 194.0 mg
- Sodium 200.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of