Recipe by KitchenKelly
This traditional peanut butter cookie is deliciously flavoured with maple syrup. From the Pillsbury Bake-Off cookbook, cooking time is per tray
Top Review by jackie.jou
The cookies were extremely tasty without being too overwhelming or sweet. The recipe was also relatively easy to follow with scrumptious results. I'm going to make these cookies for Thanksgiving and suggest it to everyone I know. They're definitely worth trying!
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat together brown sugar, shortening and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Add syrup and egg yolk; beat well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder, mix well.
- If necessary refrigerate 15 to 30 minutes for easier handling.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- With a fork dipped in sugar, flatten balls in a criss cross pattern.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.