Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This wonderful candy recipe makes a big batch - enough to fill several Christmas gift boxes and still have treats left over.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2 lbs dark chocolate, confectionery coating
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar and flavoring until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt candy coating, stirring often.
- Dip balls in coating; sprinkle with peanuts.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.