Recipe by wife2abadge
From the cookbook The Peanut Butter Planet, these are so rich and delicious, especially served with Peanut Buttery Maple Syrup. The syrup is also good on ice cream! I had to combine the ingredients because I couldn't figure out how to make a recipe with two parts, so I hope it isn't too confusing. Just pay attention to amounts I guess.
Top Review by CabbageHead
I was curious about this recipe since it sounded great, but was given such a low rating. My three incredibly picky children, and I loved these waffles, and the syrup is amazing. I thought it was interesting that there are no eggs in this recipe, but I followed the instructions, and they turned out beautifully. They had a nice, crisp texture on the outside, and were nice and soft on the inside. They were easy for my little ones to cut by themselves too. They had a mild maple-peanut butter flavor that went perfectly with the syrup ( which I could have eaten by the spoonful!). We also tried them with a thin layer of grape jam, with syrup drizzled over top . . . which my children liked, but I liked it with just the syrup. I will definitely make this again. It is the best peanut butter waffle recipe I've tried.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- For the syrup, combine 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, 1/4 cup peanut butter, and 1 T butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir frequently until warm and well blended.
- For the waffles, cream 1/2 cup peanut butter and 2 T butter in a large bowl.
- Add the milk, maple syrup, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt and stir until smooth.
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- Pour about 3/4 cup of the batter onto the waffle maker, spreading toward the edges if necessary (it is VERY thick), and cook according to your waffle maker's directions.
- Keep the cooked waffles warm in a 200 degree oven while preparing the rest.