- 3 tablespoons butter (can use part olive oil)
- 1 lb parsnip, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, ' (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed soup pot until beginning to brown.
- Add parsnips, onions, and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent but not brown.
- Add chicken broth and nutmeg and bring to simmer. Cook until parsnips are soft, 40 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk and remove from heat.
- Pour into blender and puree until velvety smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve garnished with nuts or croutons.