Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe comes from the inside of a Cascadian Farms Organic Winter Sqaush box. It was delicious; I had it for a guilt-free dessert.
- 10 ounces organic winter squash (you can use frozen, I did, or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried cranberries (if using, decrease lemon juice to 1/4 lemon)
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Warm frozen squash according to package instructions, or heat and mash fresh squash so it's a smooth consistency.
- Combine warm squash and remaining ingredients except for brown sugar in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour into an ovenproof casserole dish. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the surface is bubbly.
- Let sit for about 5-7 minutes before serving.