1/1 Photo of Maple Orange-Glazed Turkey Roast
This turkey roast blends light and dark meat -- but it's compact and carves easily into neat slices. Grill the meat to free up oven space for the turkey trimmings
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 (2 1/2-3 1/2 lb) boneless turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1In a small bowl combine garlic, marjoram, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- 2For glaze, in a small saucepan stir together the orange juice and cornstarch; add half of the seasoning mixture.
- 3Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- 4Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- 5Stir in maple syrup and orange peel; set aside.
- 6Brush the turkey roast with melted butter and rub with remaining seasoning mixture.
- 7Insert a meat thermometer near the center of the roast.
- 8For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan.
- 9Test for medium heat above the pan.
- 10Place the turkey roast directly on the grill rack over the pan.
- 11Cover; grill until thermometer registers 165°F Add coals to maintain heat every 30 minutes.
- 12Brush with glaze the last 30 minutes of grilling.
- 13Remove meat from grill.
- 14Cover with foil; let stand for 15 minutes before carving. (The meat's temperature will rise 5F during standing).
- 15Bring any remaining glaze to boiling; pass with turkey. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.).
- 16OR, use the oven @325 degrees until thermometer reaches 165F (should be about 1 1/2 hrs). Follow glazing and standing directions above.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Orange-Glazed Turkey Roast
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.7
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 79.8 mg
- Sodium 143.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: