Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 45 mins
Recipe is from Country Living Magazine. Haven't tried it yet, but it's in with my many ham recipes to try for the holidays.
- 10 lbs smoked ham (precooked with bone, trimmed)
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1⁄4 cup whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 large navel orange, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the ham; Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Trim the skin and the fat to a 1/4 inch layer on the ham. Score the fat in a diamond pattern (using a sharp knife). Insert a whole clove into each cross-hatch, pat the mustard over the top and sides of the ham, and sprinkle with the brown sugar. Pour the maple syrup and chicken broth into a 12 x l7 inch roasting pan. Add the ham. Bake, basting every 30 minutes, for 1 1/2 hours. Add the bourbon, orange juice, and thyme to the pan. Sprinkle the ham with the maple sugar, if desired. Bake basting after 15 minutes, for 30 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Prepare the sauce: Strain the pan juices and skim the fat off the top. Add the orange zest and salt, and boil for about 10 minutes. Serve hot with the ham.