Recipe by SugaredAlmond
This is lovely - sweet, sticky, juicy chicken, with the peppery bite of the pecans - and it smells heavenly when it's cooking. I like to serve this with soothing mashed potatoes and buttered greens. Prep time doesn't include marinading.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 oranges, juice of, only
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
For the Peppered Pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix orange juice, mustard, garlic, maple syrup, sunflower oil and vinegar in a bowl. Marinade chicken for at least 4 hours, but overnight is even better.
- For the pecans, melt the butter, and stir in tabasco, pepper flakes and garlic. Stir in the pecans. Spread onto a flat baking sheet and bake on a really low temp - approx 120C for an hour. Be careful that the pecans don't burn though.
- After marinading, remove the chicken and pour marinade into a small pan, bring to the boil, stirring until the marinade reduces to a sticky glaze. The oil will stop the Maple syrup from burning.
- Grill or barbecue the chicken breasts, turning and brushing with the glaze regularly until the chicken is cooked but still juicy.
- Serve the chicken with the remaining glaze as a sauce, along with the peppered pecans and whatever else takes your fancy.