From food tv show "Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller". A slow cooker meal that has a lot of flavor and color. A complete meal in one pot.
- 1 acorn squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 leeks, rinsed and chopped
- 5 (4 ounce) skinless chicken thighs (with or without bone)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Place squash and sweet potatoes and leeks in the slow cooker. Season chicken all over with salt and black pepper and place on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine orange marmalade and remaining ingredients. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 hours.