Prep 6 hrs
Cook 35 mins
yummy stuff, can also be done on an indoor grill or in the oven.
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken and marinate in refridgerator for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Reserve marinade for basting.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil and boil uncovered for 5 minutes.
- When ready to cook, brush cold grill with oil or cooking spray and preheat to high.
- Grill chicken for 2 minutes per side.
- Place chicken to one side of grill, away from direct heat.
- Cook, covered for 30-35 minutes, turning and basting often.
- When juices run clear remove and serve.
I loved this recipe!! I used legs and thighs and my husband said they were so tender and flavorful! I made the sauce the day before and let them sit in the refrig overnight and until I came home from work. The flavor was great! You could really taste the maple and because I didn't have fresh basil I used dried. Thank you Kitina for sharing!!
Very good chicken recipe! It was so easy and very flavorful! My hubby and kids loved it! I did had make a couple of changes, though. I didn't have any fresh oranges, just the juice, so adding some zest would have added so much to it. I also added about 3 tbsp of brown sugar and about 2 tbsp of ketchup. I also used dried basil. I also cooked the chicken in the oven on 400* for about 1 and 15 minutes. However, even with my changes, it was still very good! I'll be making this again for sure!!!
This was very good! I didn't marinate it the night before so I quadrupled the marinade, added a little bit of brown sugar and put it in the crock pot for 6 hours. the house smelt so sweet when I came home and the chicken fell right off the bone. I will definitely make this again, it was so simple but delicious!