Recipe by kitina
yummy stuff, can also be done on an indoor grill or in the oven.
Top Review by Sandra S.
I loved this recipe!! I used legs and thighs and my husband said they were so tender and flavorful! I made the sauce the day before and let them sit in the refrig overnight and until I came home from work. The flavor was great! You could really taste the maple and because I didn't have fresh basil I used dried. Thank you Kitina for sharing!!
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken and marinate in refridgerator for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Reserve marinade for basting.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil and boil uncovered for 5 minutes.
- When ready to cook, brush cold grill with oil or cooking spray and preheat to high.
- Grill chicken for 2 minutes per side.
- Place chicken to one side of grill, away from direct heat.
- Cook, covered for 30-35 minutes, turning and basting often.
- When juices run clear remove and serve.