Prep 6 hrs
Cook 35 mins
yummy stuff, can also be done on an indoor grill or in the oven.
Make and share this Maple, Orange and Basil Chicken Legs recipe from Food.com.
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken and marinate in refridgerator for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Reserve marinade for basting.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil and boil uncovered for 5 minutes.
- When ready to cook, brush cold grill with oil or cooking spray and preheat to high.
- Grill chicken for 2 minutes per side.
- Place chicken to one side of grill, away from direct heat.
- Cook, covered for 30-35 minutes, turning and basting often.
- When juices run clear remove and serve.
I loved this recipe!! I used legs and thighs and my husband said they were so tender and flavorful! I made the sauce the day before and let them sit in the refrig overnight and until I came home from work. The flavor was great! You could really taste the maple and because I didn't have fresh basil I used dried. Thank you Kitina for sharing!!
Very good chicken recipe! It was so easy and very flavorful! My hubby and kids loved it! I did had make a couple of changes, though. I didn't have any fresh oranges, just the juice, so adding some zest would have added so much to it. I also added about 3 tbsp of brown sugar and about 2 tbsp of ketchup. I also used dried basil. I also cooked the chicken in the oven on 400* for about 1 and 15 minutes. However, even with my changes, it was still very good! I'll be making this again for sure!!!
This was very good! I didn't marinate it the night before so I quadrupled the marinade, added a little bit of brown sugar and put it in the crock pot for 6 hours. the house smelt so sweet when I came home and the chicken fell right off the bone. I will definitely make this again, it was so simple but delicious!