Recipe by Diane G.
for when you just have to have something sweet and crunchy. this is an excellent addition to your home made trail mix.
Top Review by sweettuesday
I just had to make this as soon as I saw it, and man, talk about great! I used honey and substituted sesame for olive oil, and it gave it a great nutty flavor. I also tossed in some toasted sesame seeds to finish it all off. Tasty!
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup or 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked and drained green beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or more if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- combine maple/honey, and oil.
- Stir beans in mixture to coat thoroughly.
- Stirring Constantly, heat mixture (medium heat) in non-stick pan (I've tried to oven roast this but it's just too messy that way) until dry.
- Cooking should not take more than 5 to 7 minutes, tops.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle lightly with salt.