Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
for when you just have to have something sweet and crunchy. this is an excellent addition to your home made trail mix.
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup or 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked and drained green beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or more if desired)
- combine maple/honey, and oil.
- Stir beans in mixture to coat thoroughly.
- Stirring Constantly, heat mixture (medium heat) in non-stick pan (I've tried to oven roast this but it's just too messy that way) until dry.
- Cooking should not take more than 5 to 7 minutes, tops.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle lightly with salt.
I just had to make this as soon as I saw it, and man, talk about great! I used honey and substituted sesame for olive oil, and it gave it a great nutty flavor. I also tossed in some toasted sesame seeds to finish it all off. Tasty!
MMMMMMMMMM...this is delicious and quick and easy to make!! I didn't have any trouble and it turned out like it was supposed too. My husband, who usually doesn't eat green beans liked this! Now, I will try it with the kids! Thanks for the great recipe!
Well, this didn't quite work out for me; I cooked and stirred for much longer than 7 minutes and the maple syrup never dried up. But, the result was still quite tasty! (In fact I ate the whole recipe.) Next time I'll try using less syrup and hope that it works.