1/1 Photo of Maple Oatmeal With Dried Fruit and Granola
Use a large saucepan as the milk can boil over.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups milk, plus warm milk for serving
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking steel-cut irish oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed dried fruit (such as apricots, cranberries, cherries, and plums)
- 1/2 cup granola cereal
- 1In a big saucepan, combine the 4 cups milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and 1/3 cup syrup; whisk to blend.
- 2Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- 3Add in oatmeal and cook, stirring constantly, for 5-7 minutes, or until desired thickness and texture.
- 4Add in dried fruit and granola; stir to combine.
- 5Cook for 1 minute; spoon into shallow bowls and serve immediately with maple syrup and warm milk on the side.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Oatmeal With Dried Fruit and Granola
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.1
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 133.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 14.7 g