Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are great for breakfast! I used pure maple syrup in them and the flavor was nice, very subtle. The recipe comes from the Pillsbury Complete book of Baking and has quickly become one of my favorites.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine oats and milk; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add syrup, butter and egg; blend well.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and walnuts; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove immediately from pan. Serve warm.
- Note: For mini muffins, bake 8-10 minutes or until done.
My family really enjoyed this recipe. Double recipe so we could have extras. These have a hint of maple flavor and not too sweet. Simple to make. Thank You. Made for ZWT6 for the No-Nonsense Nibblers
My kids said to give this 100 stars. These were very good. I added extra cinnamon to the batter, and sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top. I also only got 10 muffins. My kids ate them like they hadn't been fed in a week.
We loved these muffins. The flavor was good. The one thing I changed was to add coconut flakes instead of walnuts because that was what I had on hand. Great muffins to try.