Recipe by Kater
These are great for breakfast! I used pure maple syrup in them and the flavor was nice, very subtle. The recipe comes from the Pillsbury Complete book of Baking and has quickly become one of my favorites.
Top Review by MomLuvs6
My family really enjoyed this recipe. Double recipe so we could have extras. These have a hint of maple flavor and not too sweet. Simple to make. Thank You. Made for ZWT6 for the No-Nonsense Nibblers
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine oats and milk; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add syrup, butter and egg; blend well.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and walnuts; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove immediately from pan. Serve warm.
- Note: For mini muffins, bake 8-10 minutes or until done.