Recipe by Debi
This is a tasty little cookie, easy to prepare, by the Canadian Living Test Kitchen. It uses SPLENDA brand, (sugar replacement) brown sugar blend. You can replace this with double the amount of regular brown sugar. **Preparation time includes 30 minute chill time before baking
Top Review by luvcook'n
Wonderful little delights! Fast and easy to prepare and even faster eating ;). I used regular brown sugar. Made 45 tiny cookies, gob size...lol Thanks for sharing...made these for my Christmas baskets.
- 3⁄4 cup hazelnuts, finely ground
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor, finely grind hazelnuts; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter with SPLENDA until light; beat in maple syrup and maple extract.
- Stir in oats and flour.
- Roll into balls using 1 Tbsp dough per ball. Roll in ground nuts to coat.
- Flatten slightly; place, about 1 inch apart on lightly sprayed/greased baking sheets. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake in 350°F oven for about 10 minutes or until puffed and set.
- Let cool one minute. Transfer to racks; let cool completely.