Recipe by Burgundy Damsel
This recipe came from a "Maple Sampler" cookbook by Jan Siegrist. A friend gave me the book forever ago and I just started working my way through it. Though I got a little less than the suggested yield, these cookies came out beautifully - soft and chewy and just the right amount of sweetness!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and maple syrup in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed.
- Mix well; the batter will be stiff.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a pre-heated 375* oven for 12-15 minute
- Remove cookies to wire racks; cool.