Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
The smell of this bread cooking is heavenly. It's slightly sweet taste from the maple syrup makes it a wonderful breakfast bread or toast.
- 3⁄4 cup warm water, plus
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in the order recommended for your bread maker.
- Select basic bread setting.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing and add 1-2 T four or water if needed.
My family love this bread. What's better is that it keeps way longer than the white bread I make. I used butter flavour infused rice bran oil instead of the vegetable oil from personal choice but would still make it with butter or oil if I ran out. This bread is yummy toasted with butter or honey! Thanks a bunch for sharing. Posting a picture as soon as the loaf cooks.
I have made this bread for years and get many request for it as a gift from my friends at Christmas. I use butter, pecans and sometimes will use half whole wheat and half white flour mixture. Maybe I should submit my recipe. Great bread.