Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Healthy modification on a recipe I found from a Google search- a great way to use up all of those flavored oatmeal packets!
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar (orig. recipe called for 1/4 cup, but there's sugar in the oatmeal so I cut back)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg (could use egg whites, but I just used the whole egg)
- 6 (43 g) packetsquaker instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal (or any other flavor you'd like)
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup white flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the ingredients except flour and oatmeal.
- Stir in flour and oatmeal.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets (because applesauce was used in place of the butter).
- Place balls of dough onto cookie sheets, and press to 1/2" thickness.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- Cool and enjoy!