Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Oh! This sounds really good! This will make 8,nice and large muffins. 8)
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
I noticed after I started mixing the ingredients that it didn't call for any eggs. Since I wanted a fluffy muffin I couldn't resist adding one to the batter. These did turn out fairly fluffy, but a little crispy on the top and sides.The frosting was tasty. I didn't want to rate it since I had made a major change. Roxygirl
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease or line 8 muffin cups/tins (large muffins).
- Combine the margarine sugar and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients; blend with a pastry cutter until crumbly.
- Mix in the rolled oats.
- Blend milk and the maple syrup together.
- Pour over dry mixture and stir just until combined.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cooked.
- When lightly cooled, glaze the muffins with prepared glaze.