1/15 Photos of Maple Oat Nut Scones - Starbucks
This is a copycat recipe from Starbucks. I've altered the recipe a little so I could use a mixer instead of a processor....soooo very yummy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For The Scones
- 1 cup oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cold butter (small pieces)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon maple extract
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Using a food processor or blender, finely grind oats.
- 3In a mixer, mix flour, oats, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- 4Add maple syrup and butter and mix well.
- 5In a small bowl, beat the egg with the cream and maple extract.
- 6Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix well.
- 7Add pecans and mix just to incorporate.
- 8Place dough on a floured surface. Knead and pat dough into a 8 to 10 inch circle and cut into 8 wedges.
- 9Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place wedges on top and bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until light brown.
- 10Remove scones from oven to wire rack. Let cool about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 11Mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Adjust the amount of water to get to the desired consistency. I like the glaze to be rather thick. Spread lots of glaze over each scone and dry about 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Oat Nut Scones - Starbucks
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.3
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.3 mg
- Sodium 330.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g